Vitamins and minerals are a crucial essence of food that we are missing in this modern diet. Today we will share a tea recipe that will help you to supplement your diet with essential vitamins and minerals. The key ingredient of this tea is dried powder of Moringa leaves.
About the plant and its benefits
Moringa scientifically known as Moringa oleifera is a tropical or sub-tropical plant used as a medicine in Asian and African regions. The leaves, seed pod and roots of this plant are used in the treatment of various diseases like diabetes, cancer, etc. It is considered effective in regulating heart health, controlling inflammation and is a rich source of micronutrients as well. The content of Vitamin C in these leaves is greater than oranges and the content of Pottassium is even greater than bananas. It is rich in calcium, iron, amino acids, protein and Vitamin B and many other trace elements. It can aptly be considered as one of the superfoods.
Recipe of Moringa Tea
- Add a tea spoon of powdered Moringa leaves in a cup of water.
- Keep the water for boiling and stir the Moringa leaves so that the flavour gets absorbed well.
- Add a pinch of black pepper, a pinch of cinnamon and some Organic desi Jaggery (as per your taste) in the boiling water.
- Let everything mix well. Then filter the tea and its ready to be served.Note: If you are drinking this tea for losing weight you can add a dash of honey instead of Jaggery. Honey should be added when the tea turns lukewarm. It is suggested that honey is not added in the boiling water as honey loses its healing and nutritional properties at very high temperature.
Benefits of the tea
1. Helps in relaxing mind and acts as a memory enhancer.
2. Helpful in regulating blood pressure.
3. Helps in maintaining body weight.
4. Improves the health of skin and hair.
5. Keeps you energetic and controls the irregular sugar level.
6. It helps in reducing swellings and has efficient healing properties.
7. It has many other overall health benefits like regulating cholesterol, supplementing vitamins, etc.