Rohini is considered to be the dearest wife of Moon God according to Vedic culture. Doing vrat or upvas during Rohini Nakshatra is considered auspicious and is considered to bring good fortune. Jainism also considers Rohini Nakshatra an auspicious and pious constellation. Presence of Moon in Rohini Nakshatra is thus marked by special mantra chantings and religious rituals. Many people are seen to observe fast on this day. This muhurat comes approximately after every 27 days. Consistency is an essential element of this tapa. It does not give any negative effects if you stop it in between but to get the best results from it doing it regularly with faith is very essential. Anyone can do this tapa but according to astrology this tapa is very beneficial for people of some specific Zodiac signs as per the Vedic Calendar- Taurus, Gemini, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn and Aquarius.
- One should chant 27×108 times any one of the following mantras.
a.Navkar Mantra .
b.Om Vasupujjam Jinam
c.Om hrim shrim Vasupujya Prabhave Mam Ichchha Puray Puray Namah.
d.Om hrim shrim Vasupujya sarvagyay namah.
- Whichever Mantra that you choose to chant, chant it once then perform Guru Vandana 3, 9 or 27 times.
- Reading, listening or chanting Loggas, Namothunam and Puchhisunam on this day is also considered an important ritual.
- One should do Upvas on this day.
- Sadhak should observe Celibacy on the day of Rohini Nakshatra Tapa.
- Sadhak can start this tapa on any Rohini Nakshatra but the one that comes on Tuesday or Sunday of waxing phase of moon is considered very auspicious to start this. Sadhak should do this at least for 27 consecutive Rohini Nakshatras. Some sadhaks are seen to do this tapa for 5years whereas some do it for 7years 7months.
- Rohini Nakshatra Tapa Katha is interesting and filled with important life lessons. One should read it before starting the tapa to fill one’s mind with positive affirmations. Some sadhaks read the Katha on every Rohini Nakshatra along with their Mantra Sadhna.
- On the last day of this Tapa, sadhak should distribute 27 holybooks, 27 rosaries and 27 pens wishing spiritual growth for others.
May your tapa leads you to liberation.